the female genitals.
to dance, to jump up and down continuously
- Sampela danis long Hailans i save kalakalap.
Some Highlands dances consist of jumping up and down continuously.
uncivilized person (derogatory), indigenous person. (This can only be used safely in certain contexts, e.g. Mi stap kanaka nating I’m just living in the village (without paid employment), Mi bus kanaka I’m not educated; I’m ignorant, ples kanaka native village. In other contexts it may be offensive to listeners so it should be used with caution. In any case it is stressed on the first syllable and not on the second as in English.)
- ples kanaka indigenous village
- Mi stap nating long ples na kanaka pinis.
I live in the village in the traditional way.
general name for green vegetables.
1. an earring
2. the long tail feather of a bird
3. the goldlip shell
4. name of a radio broadcasting service
cabinet, a locker, a cupboard (also sarang)
- Husat i holim ki long kabot?
Who has the key to the cupboard?
- Kaskas i kamap pinis long skin bilong pikinini.
The child has scabies.
2. bel kaskas angry
- Em i bel kaskas.
He was angry.
3. a tree kangaroo, the cuscus
a shell, a crab.