1. to turn into
- tanim tok (turn talk) to interpret
- Husat i save long tanim tok i go long ol?
Who can interpret for them?
- Sapos yu putim wara long bokis ais, em i tanim i go long ais.
Water will change into ice in the freezer.
2. to turn around
- tanim bek (turn back) to turn back, to restore
- Bikpela ren i pundaun na susa i tanim bek i kam long haus.
It started raining heavily so my sister turned back and came home.
- tanim bel (turn belly) to repent and change, to convert, to change one’s way of thinking
- Tanim bel na lusim pasin nogut.
Repent and give up your bad habits.
- tanim nabaut (turn about) to zigzag
- Bikpela ren i kamap na ol i tanim na kambek.
It started raining heavily so they turned around and came back.
3. to roll
- Miki i save tanim smok gut.
Miki is very good at rolling cigarettes.
4. to roll over
- Tanim pis, hapsait i no tan yet.
Turn the fish over, the other side is not cooked yet.
5. to stir, to mix
- tanim plet incest
- Tanim tin pis wantaim rais.
Mix the tin fish with the rice.
6. to twist, to intertwine
- Mama wantaim ol susa i sindaun aninit long diwai na i tanim rop bilong bilum.
Mother and my other female relatives are sitting under the tree twisting string to make string bags.