1. to steal something
- stilim meri (steal woman) to take another man’s wife
- stilim save (steal know) to cheat in school (as in an examination)
- Ol raskol i stilim planti mani.
The criminals stole a large sum of money.
2. to get paid without doing any work
- stilim taim (steal time) to waste time at work
- Em i wanpela lesman na em i stilim pe nating.
He is a lazy fellow and gets paid for nothing.
3. to copy or imitate without permission
- Ol i stilim singsing bilong mipela.
They have copied our dances.