1. man, husband, person, people (used in combination with many other words)
- bisnis man a businessman
- Em i rait man stret.
He is a very good man.
- Hamas man i stap?
How many people are here?
- Hari em pikinini man.
Hari is a baby boy.
- No gat man i stap.
There is no one here.
- Mipela pikinini bilong man tu ya.
We are human beings too.
(name for different kinds of people)
- lesman a lazy person
- man bilong ailans a person from the islands area
- man bilong bikhet a person who plays up
- man bilong Hailans a Highlands person
- man bilong nambis a coastal person
- man bilong pekato a sinner
- man bilong save (also saveman) a learned person
- man bilong tanim tok translator
- man bilong toktok a person who talks a lot
- man bilong wok a good worker
- no gat wanpela man nobody
- sikman a sick person
- trabelman a person who causes trouble
2. male (distinction of sex in humans and animals)
- hos man stallion
- pik man male pig or boar
- pikinini man young boy
- dok man male dog
- kakaruk man cock