1. a desire, a wish, love, will
- Em i laik bilong em.
It’s what she wants.
- long laik bilong em of her own free will
- laik bilong yu as you wish
- Mi gat laik long Alan.
I’m falling in love with Alan.
2. to like to, to want to, to wish to
- kisim long laik bilong yu to choose
- Mi laik go long taun.
I want to go to the town.
- Mi no laik.
I don’t want to.
- no laik tru abhor
- daunim laik resist temptation
3. to be ready to; to be about to
- Mi pilim olsem mi laik sik.
I feel as if I were getting sick.
- Ren i laik kam nau.
It is about to rain.