1. overcome, to put down, defeat
- Sik TB i daunim planti manmeri.
TB overcame many people.
- Yumi mas daunim ol pasin nogut na kranki tingting.
We must overcome our sinful behaviour and erroneous ways of thinking.
- daunim spak pasin to overcome a drinking problem
- daunim tok (down talk) to suppress gossip
2. to lower, to put down, swallow
- daunim kaikai (down food) to swallow food
- Meri i daunim kaukau.
The woman swallowed the sweet potato.
- daunim sel (down sail) to lower the sail
3. to humiliate someone
- daunim hambakman (down humbug man) to humiliate a show off, to humiliate a braggart
4. daunim yumi yet to be humble