1. an exchange, payment
- Yu mas bekim dinau bilong yu.
You must pay back your debts.
2. to give back, to repay, to reward, revenge
- bekim bek to give back
- bekim pas to answer a letter
- Yu yet yu mas bekim dispela mani.
You yourself must repay the money.
- Em i paitim mi na mi bekim gut.
He hit me and I hit him hard in return.
- baim bek redeem
- bekim tumas (back too much) to take excessive revenge
3. to answer (also ansa)
- Long bekim dispel askim, em i givim tupela ansa.
To reply to this question, he gave two answers.
- bekim maus (back mouth) to answer someone’s call
- bekim tok (back talk) to answer
4. to bake
- Mama i gat aven long bekim kek.
Mother has an oven for baking cakes.