1. flirt, envy, desire, to look longingly at (see also mangalim)
- Yu no ken aigris long kaikai bilong mi.
Do not envy my food.
- Ol meri i aigris long dispela man.
The girls give this fellow the glad eye.
- Baundo wantaim pikinini i go sindaun arere long haus bilong Loime na aigris long kaikai i stap.
Baundo and his children sat down outside Loime’s house and looked hungrily at the food.
- Ol manki go long maket na aigris long ol resa meri.
The boys went to the market and flirted with the fashion girls there.
2. (Place name) Aigris Maket a very small roadside market on the Bulolo-Aseki road near Pararoa Primary School, Watut Council area, Morobe Province, so-named because Watut girls are not meant to flirt at all.